PADI Underwater Naturalist
(*Certification fee and Materials €57)
Are you fascinated with aquatic life? Always wondering what that fish is and why it always dances under a coral head whenever you get close? If you’re engrossed with life under the surface, the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course is especially for you. In your journey to underwater naturalist, the course teaches you about the different major aquatic life groupings and how they interact so that you understand what you observe in the underwater environment. With the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course under your belt, you see the aquatic world differently. You don’t see “fish,” but individual species with distinct strategies for surviving in a complex, interactive ecosystem.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Overview of aquatic life groupings and interrelations
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- Number of Dives: Two
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.