PADI Rescue Diver
(*Certification fee and Materials €70)
This program develops your knowledge and skills so you can effectively perform diver assists and rescues, manage diving accident situations and administer first aid.
The program is an important step in expanding your knowledge and experience as a diver. PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent) certification is also a prerequisite for all PADI leadership programs. You will need to have successfully completed the PADI Emergency First Response course or equivalent within the past 24 months.
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
To enroll in the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years (Ask your instructor about Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses).
After completing CPR and First Aid and the PADI Rescue Diver course, you should take the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider course Together, these three courses round out your ability to handle scuba diver emergencies.