PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
(*Certification fee and Materials €70)
Do you want your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver ? Whether you are just qualified or have hundreds of dives, this program gives you the confidence, skills and experience to take your diving to new levels of excitement!
This course consists of 5 different specialty-dives of which you can choose 3. The other 2 are Navigation and a Deep-Dive.
After this course, you are qualified as an Advanced Open Water Diver and are allowed to make deeper dives.
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it. It’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diving course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation.
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 meters/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part: Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced PADI Open Water Diving course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
- Get credit! Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diving Course (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
Padi Gran Canaria | Diving School Gran Canaria | Padi Open Water Course